What's Old

Monday, April 30, 2007

miscomunication

A while ago in class we were talking about Psyche's task from Venus to go to the underworld and get some makeup.
The reason of why I wanted to post this short story is left out of my notes but I'm sure made sense at the time. It has to do with either following and disobeying orders or misinterpretation (probably misinterpretation):

A long time ago when I was a younger kid I used to go into my sisters room and hang out with her. It was a fun room and one of the this that made it fun the posts from her bed. I liked thinking I was cool and would swing around on those things because I was young and it was fun. Then one day my mom saw me and said, "You just try that again." She obviously saw how cool I looked doing it so I showed her that I can do it more than once. Well that was not what she meant. I was spanked and didn't know why! Oddly enough my sister understood the information that I thought mom was asking me to do it again while mom thought I was disobeying her sarcastic request. While my mom was upset thinking she was a bad mother because she spanked me for following her orders, that might explain something about me now, and I was upset because I was spanked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home