What's Old

Monday, April 30, 2007

Ordinarily Extraordinary

What a cheesy title. Anyway this goes back quite a ways in the semester when we were talking about things being ordinary, original, and extraordinary. I came across a passage in my 'outside of class' reading from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and while I was reading something turned on a lightbulb or something similar even if it was just a second. "and watch how that ordinary day becomes extraordinary!"p188. here they are talking about a potion but what caught my attention is how I could apply this to life without a potion. Everyday is ordinary because the earth still spins in the same direction making the sun do the same thing day in day out and it keeps happening. But it is what we do during that day and how we act that can make it something more than ordinary.
Wow that was some optimistic viewing of the glass right there! Don't tell anyone that I can think that way.
But what happens in a day can change everything. All we need to do is drink that potion, become an ass and watch what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home