What's Old

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Golden Ass

After struggling to keep up with this semester I feel like I finally accomplished an assignment (and no it is not a wonderful blog) but finishing the reading of The Golden Ass/Transformations of Lucius.
I noticed the constant use of the frame. Sometimes I would completely forget who was telling the story or through how many frames, but fine with it because the story was entertaining. I also found it very special how Lucius would get these stories from other people and tell them like he was there and then explain in case if anyone questioned his authority or character of the story by explaining why he knew what he did.
When I was reading it I tried to keep in my mind that all people, especially men, are asses and that gave a really different thought pattern. It turned into to a bunch of asses dealing with an ass who became an ass by being an ass. It gave me a different thought about the donkey in Shrek also but I'm not going there because I haven't watched that movie recently enough to speak intelligently about it if that is possible.
Anywho I liked this book and am glad that I was able to read it before we had the test on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home