What's Old

Monday, April 30, 2007

My Idea

Back when we were brainstorming ideas for our group project I felt I had a good one however it was not chosen. That was fine by me. Then the other day I was in the sub with Mick and we somehow got on the Symposium when sparked my group project idea. So I explained the basic idea to him and he thought it was genius. Cool. Now I would rather post my idea for others to read, if they do, instead of taking it with me. I don't remember how I came up with this but I remember liking it.

It would be in the spirit of the Symposium but the topic would not be love. In fact I think the topic would be more important then love because like Socrates said all he knew about love he LEARNED it for this girl. This would be about learning. I don't know if it has ever occurred to me to question the idea of learning.
People in the group would take sides on the subject such as
-Its never going to work because: you can't rely on people to put forth the effort, can't expect people to read what they should, knowledge would funnel itself (you could never learn more than the teacher), people to teach, teachers ability to teach, The student/teacher relationship wouldn't work (possibly sex and hatred)
against
-Who wouldn't want to learn, teachers would be so important that the job would be exclusive and pay well, a chance for students to meet and teachers to learn from other thereby increasing knowledge and power
and whatever else the group might find for this pros/cons of a learning institution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home